- This event has passed.
February 15 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Take a walk on the wild side, and unleash your animal spirit to help raise funds for Durrell and celebrate our 60th anniversary!
On Friday 15th February, we’re calling on all our supporters, anywhere in the world to enjoy a day of wild activities and fundraise wildly for the world’s endangered species.
Or why not use this day to make a pledge to ‘do it for Durrell’? You could sign up for The Durrell Challenge 13k, take part in a sporting event in your local area or come up with a wild idea of your own to raise funds for Durrell in 2019!
Can’t wait for Go Wild for Durrell day? Download our 30 Days Wilder calendar to use and enjoy in the lead up to the 15th Feb!
Did you know that Durrell is an international charity and it costs over £8million to run every year? Since 1959, we’ve been on a mission to save species from extinction. We’ve made great progress, but need your support to continue our work as the world’s animals and their habitats face constant threat. They need your help now, more than ever.
Whether you’re at home, in the workplace, at school, or part of a club or team, we invite you to come up with your unique take on ‘wild’, and take part in an animal-inspired fundraising activity of your choice.
So wear it, bake it or workout WILD – just remember on Friday 15th February to have fun and raise funds wildly for Durrell – help us achieve our vision for a wilder, healthier, more colourful world!
Please sign up by emailing email@example.com and tell us about your wild fundraising idea. We will then keep in touch and be able to offer help organising your fundraising.
What’s your wildest fundraising idea?
- Dress-up day: Are you a queen bee or a silverback gorilla?
- Sponsored dip: Swim like an otter.
- Chin-up challenge: Are you as strong as a Sumatran orangutan?
- Take a walk on the wild side: Take your team on a barefoot stroll during your lunch break.
- Sponsored run: Can you out-race a Saint Lucia racer snake?
- Bake off: Make palm oil free, orangutan-friendly cupcakes to sell at work or school.
- Sponsored yoga class: Can you balance like a Chilean flamingo?
- Karaoke competition: Sing like a Sumatran laughingthrush.
Prizes will be awarded for the most:
- Wildly creative fundraising idea
- Funds raised by a school or nursery
- Funds raised by an organisation
- Funds raised by a club or team
Winners will be announced after Friday 15 February via email and on social media.